-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of wendy
Sent: Sunday, April 01, 2007 2:15 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: OT: What to do with feral cat attacking my cats

Hey guys,

I am having a problem with a feral cat in our neighborhood.  He's a
beautiful, big tom, but really mean.  He was trapped in our garage one night
in winter time when I changed the in/out button on our kitty door to in
only.  When I came into the garage the next morning, he went nuts; he was
really scared before I let him out.  I don't mind if he comes into our
garage to eat, but my nephew's cat Stretch, who lives in our garage with her
sister, has gotten fairly aggressive lately, attacking any cats he sees in
our yard, so I don't think he comes into the garage much anymore.  I see him
around the neighborhood from time to time and I'm pretty sure he's the cat
who's attacked two of my cats in the past two weeks, costing me almost $200
at the vet for exams and antibiotics.
Both cats' back passenger paws were injured with cat teeth puncture wounds,
according to my vet.  Do any of you have any suggestions as to how to handle
him?  If I trap him, what the heck would I do with him?  If I give him to
animal control, they'll euthanize him, which is not an option for me.  If I
don't do anything, he'll probably continue to fight neighborhood cats,
assuming he is the problem.  Any ideas?  I don't think he'd ever be
friendly, as aggressive and afraid as he is.

:)
Wendy

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change
the world: Indeed it is the only thing that ever has!"

~~~ Margaret Meade ~~~

________
Bored stiff? Loosen up...
http://games.yahoo.com/games/front