Hey, Deb - I also mix my negatives and positives -- and don't isolate anyone
who is coughing, etc.  I figure that everyone has been exposed anyhow and it is
probably viral -- and strict isolation isn't possible at my house.  I've never
been sorry that I've done it this way.

Deb Stockbridge <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:      Hi Nina,

  I Love to hear more and more experiences from all of you that mix negatives
and positives...it's building my confidence more each day.  What I need to know
is do you still keep them together if one still has a persistent cough that
just won't clear even after treatment or if one sneezes here or there?  My
situation as it is now is that I have 3 positives , the two boys that I might
have homes for , and my calico girl that I thought I had a home for but after
seeing her with symptoms of her cough which I had thought went away, I feel I
can't let her move and be more stressed out until I can get her completely
healthy and a little more weight on her.  My boys seems healthy but may sneeze
here and there or have a little cough....nothing persistent or on a daily basis
so I was just wondering if it's still OK to mix them with my negative boys?  My
Calico girl is back on antibiotics and while she was with us that night for
about 5 hours ,before she had that bad coughing spell
 she was fine for the 5 hours.  So can she still be with my negative boys while
I treat her.  You said I should've seen her face when I had to confine
her......well I barely could see her face because I was crying my eyes out
myself:(  She was not put by herself thank god , otherwise I would've grabbed a
sleeping bag and slept with her!  She was put back with her two feline brothers
who are also positive so I hope she wasn't too distraught....I sure know I was
though!!  I know my kits have all been exposed and I have now vaccinated the
negative ones. I just don't know the do's and don'ts of mixing them all
together again.  I think I'm so scared because I had thought I had 6 healthy
cats, 3 had been tested for FELV and showed negative and lived healthy and
happily for over 2 years.  I then brought in 3 more over the past year of which
one tested negative and I never tested the last two thinking they came from
parents that were tested.  Then all of the sudden one gets sick
 and I have 3 FELV+ cats, one is my oldest Bengal boy who tested negative
previously and then the two that were never tested.  None are related.  I was
told this is a rare situation and if FELV doesn't spread that easily then why
are 3 of mine infected?  So I either have really bad luck and more than one
brought this in my home and the FELV tests I had done that were negative meant
nothing or the last 2 I brought in came here with it and spread it to my adult
cat.  I will never know, but after having been hit with 3 of my 6 cats getting
this disease at one time with still one kit to test, to me that makes me think
this spreads like wildfire and that is why I'm so nervous about putting them
all back together.  The first night we decided to bring up my calico girl was
after I had fed them all so they didn't share any food dishes and my other kits
didn't really even go near her as they were surprised to see her and she just
really followed me around the house all night and
 then fell asleep with me while my boys seemed a bit mad that I was showering
attention on her all night and they slept with my Son so there wasn't much
contact in that 5 hours. I'm trying to my best to get used to doing this but
I'm still in panic mode here and just trying to learn all I can and make sure I
do right by all my cats.  For now I'm trying to rehome the positive boys that I
know will take a move easier and the home I found for my 6 month old boy sounds
perfect as he will have a 7 month old FELV+ playmate.  This home might take
both boys but I won't know until she comes to meet them.  So this is where I'm
at right now and my mind is spinning every day with more info and seems to
change daily on how much I can handle so I'm just taking it all a day at a time
and giving them as much TLC as I can until I figure this all out:)

  Thanks for your advice/input here.....it's much appreciated:)

  Deb