  From: C & J
  To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
  Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2007 8:20 PM
  Subject: Update on Kisa

  Well, after going to the vet today, it's not looking good for Kisa.

  She has elevated bilirubin in her blood/urine, and elevated number of
lymphocytes.  Therefore they believe she has a liver disease, possibly
lymphosarcoma.

  The only way they can tell for sure what the problem is with her liver is to
do a biopsy which means surgery.    They didn't suggest doing this though
because of the FeLV and her immune system being compromised.

  They gave me prednisone and baytril for her, though i'm really not sure how
she'll handle keeping those down when she is vomiting so easily.  They're
hoping the steroid will make her feel a little better and maybe regain some
appetite.

  I've really got to try and get her to eat something, she hasn't eaten since
Saturday night now.

  I don't understand why this is all happening at once.  First I watched Tomi
get sicker and sicker for nearly 2 months.  As soon as he started getting
better, Koda got sick with kidney and liver failure, and died.  Now, barely a
week later Kisa goes from being a super healthy and active cat to death's door.
 I haven't even had enough time to get used to Koda being gone, now its another
crisis situation.

  This is all after having nothing but healthy, happy, and active cats for 12
years.

  I used to think how awful it would be if my house burned down while I was
away and my 5 cats were inside.  What is happening now is almost worse than
that since it is so prolonged and i'm beginning to wonder if something I am
doing is causing all this (like feeding raw food).  I've always kept my cats
indoors because I didn't want them to get run over by a car, etc....but they
seem to be no safer indoors.

  Sorry for venting on you all, its just really starting to affect me, both
emotionally and financially.

  Cassandra