Well that just wiped the smile from my face. I was not privy to the exchange and have never been to any of the Best Friends forums, but I'm assuming that their motive in removing any chastising responses was in keeping with an overall effort to maintain the site as a "safe" place to express grief, no matter where the "blame" of that grief may lie. I am by no means condoning or advocating humans deciding to pts cats because of litterbox avoidance, it turns my stomach, the same as it does yours. I am just pointing out that perhaps the moderators did not feel that this was the proper venue for attempting to educate someone that is suffering from their lack of judgement and compassion. My head too is bloody from banging it against the brick walls of those I do my best to "educate". I know how frustrating and emotionally devastating it can be. The only way I can continue to reach out to those that, (in my eyes), visit atrocities on the helpless is that I know sometimes I do get through, sometimes I do make a difference. Even though they sometimes fall short of our expectations, Best Friends is a worthy organization that does make a difference. I hope that when the heat of your disappointment dissipates you are able to remain an ally to the organization.
Nina