Thats horrible! I hate to hear of people putting down or giving up pets because
of new wives, girlfriends, boyfriends- whatever- when I was dating it was like-
no- it is a package deal- me and my furchildren- take me as I am or leave
me....especially since I fought so hard to keep Satine alive.

  on the other side of things- my husband and I saved a kitty and she is now
part of the family- I named her Carrie Bradshaw from sex and the city as she
has wild full hair like the main character- she is a maine coon cat. My dogs
who I was worried about, love her- they smell her butt and my tibetian terrier
mix I have found kissing her. We got her from a shelter here- I suspect that
whoever gave her up before we got her might have been abusive- as she shys away
from getting touched in the face- and the vet said they found a broken tooth on
her- but she is having a wonderful time now- she loves my husband and I tease
him and say that he is "mr.big"- she insists on getting in his office and into
his heart. He closed the office door and she put her paw under the door- and
wiggles it meowing, demanding to be with him- it is very cute.
   Shes not satine, and I do miss satine- but it feels natural to have a kitty
again ^_^

Marylyn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  A friend killed a 17 year old cat (?) he rescued when he was in college
because he had a new wife, new stepdaughter, new house + and the cat was
peeing on the carpet. I went home and tore up all the carpet. The only
saving grace is that Gus would not have had almost 17 years of care had my
friend not rescued him. I decided then that there would not be anything on
the floors that was more valuable than my 4-legged friends.

If you have men who will
exclude any of God's creatures
from the shelter of
compassion and pity, you will have men who
will deal likewise with
their fellow man.
St.
Francis