I have heard Elavil works well for some.  My Shimmer is on the highest
allowable dose and pees on everything anyway.

On 5/29/07, Gloria Lane <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Some in our group have had great luck using Elavil for cats that pee
inappropriately.  I think the way it was done, was to  give it orally
(or use ear cream) for 2 weeks, then gradually reduce it (like every
other day) until the behavior showed up again, then administer as
appropriate (weekly, daily, every two days, etc).

Gloria

On May 29, 2007, at 10:08 AM, wendy wrote:

> Anita,
>
> Maybe changing his name would help...lol.
>
> ;)
> Wendy
>
> --- Stray Cat Alliance
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Ever since we added 2 kittens to our household last
>> July (they were initially fosters but due to illness
>> and other issues we ended up keeping them), our cat
>> Stinky (how appropro) has been peeing everywhere.
>> Thank goodness we have only one area rug -- which of
>> course, he does not pee on. He pees on vertical
>> surfaces such as furniture like the stereo stand,
>> walls, in front of the front and basement doors.
>> Ugh. Our house smells like vinegar and the furniture
>> is ruined. My husband keeps saying, we have to "get
>> rid of" Stinky. I'm like -- I don't think so. We'll
>> just have to deal with it. He is at least 7 years
>> old and hopefully if we ever get to move to a bigger
>> house, it will stop.
>>
>> Anita

>> Change is good. See what's different about Windows
>> Live Hotmail.
>>
> www.windowslive-hotmail.com/learnmore/default.html?locale=en-
> us&ocid=TXT_TAGLM_HMWL_reten_changegood_0507
>

> "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens
> can change the world - indeed it is the only thing that ever
> has!"     ~~~ Margaret Meade ~~~

> ______________Choose the right car based on your needs.  Check out
> Yahoo! Autos new Car Finder tool.
> http://autos.yahoo.com/carfinder/