Believe me, my first reaction would be to retaliate in kind to this creep, but... Even if the wife did speak english fluently, you're probably better off approaching the husband. Your objective is to make him feel important and it's my guess that he doesn't respect his wife's opinion about things anyway. Men like this usually respond to other men better than women, but he might also like the feeling of power he gets from you appealing to him to "indulge" your love of animals. The whole thing makes me nauseous just thinking about it.
Nina

Stray Cat Alliance wrote:
Thank you all for your wonderful suggestions! I did get my husband to write down what the neighbor said to him yesterday -- but it is a good idea to write down everything and dates. I will do my best to muster up niceness when I want to scream and talk to the neighbor. The wife doesn't speak very good English so I don't think she'd be a good option.

I really can't trap everybody and relocate...and an enclosure wouldn't work where I live now so I am hoping and praying for a positive resolution for all. Thank you again, will keep you posted. Anita

Change is good. See what's different about Windows Live Hotmail. Check it out! <www.windowslive-hotmail.com/learnmore/default.html?locale=en-us&ocid=RMT_TAGLM_HMWL_reten_changegood_0507>