I absolutely agree with Diane and your husband. I think it's wonderful of you to want to call attention to the plight of the innocent, but as Diane says, don't call attention to you and yours in the process. I'd make the letter a lot more general, leaving out many of the details that might call personal attention to you.

Rosenfeldt, Diane wrote:
Debbie, it's a great letter. I'm just thinking maybe you'd be safer leaving out the details of your various rescued pets. Maybe just say you couldn't take them in because you already have the legal limit of happy, healthy, neutered, vaccinated and deeply loved pets, all of whom are former rescues just like these babies. That way, you wouldn't be calling undue attention to yourself in case you're over the limit, and you're not lying about anything (you DO have the legal limit, you just leave off the "and then some!"), and you're demonstrating by your own example what responsible pet ownership means.

*From:* [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] *On Behalf Of *Debbie
*Sent:* Thursday, May 31, 2007 2:49 PM
*To:* felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
*Subject:* Opinions Needed

This is a letter to the editor of our local paper concerning the kittens we found dumped over the weekend. My husband is afraid it will cause trouble if they print it with a name and town. What do you think? Myself, I doubt anyone will really pay attention. I am curious to know what you guys think.
Thanks for the input.
Debbie