absolutely, susan!

On 6/28/07, Susan Hoffman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Smudging isn't new age.  It's very old, a Native American ritual. I
ocassionally smudge the entire house, walking from room to room and smudging
the 4 corners of every room in a clockwise motion.  View the cats through
the smoke and smudge them too.  (And I love the smell.)

*Marylyn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>* wrote:

You aren't nuts.  I have too many friends who smudge (use sage the way you
described).  It is common in Native American cultures and even some
Christian religions (using incense at  funerals etc).  It is definitely
worth the effort---most of my friends try to get white sage and it has a
wonderful odor.

They also believe in burning candles of various colors.  I think green
attracts health.........a Google search for the meaning of candle colors
would give this information.

If nothing else, you may feel like you are doing something.  And that may
make you feel better.

                                                 If you have men who will
exclude any of God's creatures
                                                 from the shelter of
compassion and pity, you will have men who
                                                 will deal likewise with
their fellow man.
                                                                  St.
Francis