I understand the "ebb & flow" of the situation.

I worked @ the Austin Humane Society for 4 yrs. as a clinic nurse and also
worked in animal intake.

I was also the foster care coordinator.

When I would go to TLAC (our area A/C ) and "walk dispo", I always made sure I
pulled a "project kitty" for myself to work w/, help, and they usually were
pretty "jacked up"..., to say the least.

I didn't lose that many, however, many had chronic problems hence became
permanent residence of
Chez Mew....

Sometimes, w/ older animals, I believe they just get so depressed from being
DUMPED by their loving families, that they just "shut down", lose their will to
live.

Since Kelly is dealing w/ older cats, this could be part of the problem.

Plus perhaps a rash of very bad luck.

It happens.

I have been pulling form shelters for 7 yrs, now, her number of lost cats seems
high, but you are correct to say it can come & go........  :(

Susan J. DuBose  >^..^<
www.PetGirlsPetsitting.com
www.Tx.SiameseRescue.org
www.shadowcats.net