Wow! as usual, us idiots in America are way behind the
rest of the world...
The HORRORS OF DECLAWING ARE WELL REALIZED IN MANY
COUNTIIES AND ILLEGAL IN ROME, FOR EXAMPLE.
California is the first state to become active against
the sickening practice of declawing. As it now stands,
a law has been passed to make it illegal to declaw
wild and exotic cats in California. Hopefully, it will
soon become illegal to declaw domestic cats as well. I
mean I certainly hope someone is working on this...
I was telling a friend the other day that the term:
DECLAW is completely misleading...I said, why is it
not called toe amputation? Is there some way a group
of people can petition to have the term DECLAW changed
to : TOE AMPUTATION ? You lawyers out there, please
respond to this question...I really think the
misleading term :DECLAW is used in a criminal way, to
mislead the public and the wording for the cruel
mutilation of feline feet needs to be presented to the
public in a more honest and forthright way. This way
the average person might better realize more what
"declawing really is. IT IS THE ACTUAL REMOVING OF THE
FIRST TOE JOINT. IF A CAT WERE A HUMAN, YOU OR I , IT
WOULD BE OUR FINGERTIPS AT THE FIRST JOINT...
Can anyone imagine the nerve damage alone declawed
cats suffer? I, for example, barely  cut a  ligament
in  one of my index fingers years ago...even went to
"finger therapy" and my finger is still numb, always
will be...
Oh well, we are just talking about cats here, so
whatever we need to do to them, so they can please us
humans, is all that really matters, right?
Glenda

photos & more.
http://mobile.yahoo.com/go?refer=1GNXIC