3 of my cats lived with one of my FELV+ for 5 years until I found out the
4th whad been positive all along.  They shared the same food bowls, litter,
toys; groomed each other, etc.  All 3 were tested when I found the 4th was
pos and all 3 were neg.  I did vaccinate them at that point.  While kittens
may be a bit more vulnerable, I've come to believe that transmission among
adult cats is a lot harder than many people think.  My vet never once
considered any option but mixing and he's got some good experience with
FELV.  He left the decision to me but there really wasn't any decision.  To
separate them at that point would just have been a nightmare worse than any
risk of FELV.

No vaccine is 100% but between the vaccine, the cats' ages, the fact that
they were all in reasonable, though not perfect, health-mixing was not a
problem for me.

Christiane Biagi

914-632-4672

Cell:  914-720-6888

 <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Katrina Animal Reunion Team (KART)

 <http://www.findkpets.org> www.findkpets.org

Join Us & Help Reunite Katrina-displaced Families with their Animals