i'm taking offense these days to anything that's a choice for ignorance--all
the calls and emails from folks with vets who should have the initials
stripped from their names. i think of the people who write us because
they're heard that some of us keep positives and negatives--and thing of all
the folks who do NOT have a group like us, and how many cats won't leave
their vet's office because they don't realize that they are NOT getting good
advice.

i'm not at all anti-vet, as most people know, i'm against vets who don't
take the time to remember that we're the consumers.

i'm taking in a little CH cat in a week or so, and not a lot was known about
her vetting. i told the folks who have her (she was dropped out at a groomer
with a, "you find her a home or we'll just have her euthanized") to make
sure she had a FeLV shot, and to get a booster shot from the vet for me, and
i'd keep her in the foster room til it was time for it, and long enough for
it to take effect...... her vet didn't bat an eyelash knowing she was going
to a felv home, and they decided they'd keep her until the booster and then
bring her. it SHOULD be that matter-of-fact.

and maybe it just has to do with the veterinary-malpractice blog i just read
the other day, and thinking of how much we don't question because we want to
think the best....

i'll go eat worms now. low-carb, high-fibre, sugar-free, boring ones.

vets can and should be wonderful resources,