Here is my take on it for what it is worth.

I had 11 cats at the time of the outbreak. 4 cats wound up positive and I
had two cats PTS as they were very ill. One of my positives died of
something else. The others cats had high exposure to the virus  and did not
get sick. Which meant natural immunity. They were vacinated and mixed with
the positives after the vaccine had time to take effect. I think about 70%
of cats have some natural immunity. The vaccine is about 80% effective.
There is a risk of mixing. I really think it is less stressful on the cats
to mix. Stress is the big enemy. Everyone has to make there own decision. A
vet will recommend against mixing for obvoius reasons.

I have since added cats never my intension to do so. I had themvaccinated
and I hope for the best. It is hard to keep 11 cats apart in a small house.
Believe me I tried.

I hope Junior will live as long as some folks here have had theie kitties
survive. He always has some sort of sickness. His URI is worse now.

Sally

On Feb 17, 2008 9:49 AM, Sue & Frank Koren <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  Several people here have said that they have their FeLV + kitties living
> in with FeLV -  cats, and the negative cats are not getting infected.  I am
> trying to decide if I should vaccinate my others and let Buzz out of his
> room.  My vet is against it and says the vaccinations are only 60 - 80%
> effective.  The vet does not seem to be up on all that is going on with
> FeLV, though, and I am considering switching vets.  Buzz really doesn't,t
> mind his room, but he is a social boy and cries when he doesn't want to be
> alone.  I visit him as often as I can and spend at least an hour or so in
> the evenings in with him, but such minor details as a full time job and the
> rest of my human and cat family keep me away from being with him as much as
> he and I would like.  It seems as if vaccinating the others and freeing Buzz
> from his prison room is the best solution, but not if any of the others end
> up being infected.  Their ages range from 2 to 8 years.  Two of them,
> Charlie and Tucker have other health problems and I don't know if that would
> put them more at risk.  Anyway, has anyone ever heard of a vaccinated cat
> being infected?

Black, Lily, Daisy, Pewter, Junior Junior (newest) , Silver, and  Spike
 Please Visit my Message board for some pictures. You are welcome to sign
up.