except we don't know how long they have lived together. Why risk this
non-related family member? They may have been together for only days at this
point.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: MaryChristine
  To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
  Sent: Friday, March 28, 2008 10:08 PM
  Subject: Re: New FELV Positive- questions

  it used to be thought that if mom was negative, the kittens would be, so VERY
often kittens weren't tested at all, or at most, one from the litter was.....

  some of it has to do with finances--for small rescues or shelters, the
expense of testing full litters during kitten season is not always realistic.
in fact, there are still MANY shelters and animal-control facilities that don't
test AT ALL--and won't/can't pay for foster parents to do so, either.

  but tho i didn't specifically answer this before, i of course agree with
gloria and everyone: by now, everyone's been exposed and separating them is
pointless....

  MC