You're right.  We probably shouldn't even have tested him, and normally I
wouldn't, but there is another cat in the house, Star.  We had her spayed
and initial vacs for distemper, rabies and FELV 2 weeks ago, and she's going
to be boostered and tested tomorrow.  I don't know exact ages on either -
apparently healthy young adults.

On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 9:29 PM, Chris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  You know, there are probably thousands and thousands more undiagnosed
> cats then diagnosed ones.  What matters most for these little ones, at least
> in my opinion, is the overall care and love they get.  If they're safe, not
> hungry, and in general good health—that's half the battle.  The rest is
> great and I do give my some higher quality foods but everyone just does the
> best they can.  I'm not sure frightening this disabled woman would help Jack
> in the long run.  There are decent foods at the supermarket and my guess is
> that these kitties also get tastes of human food as well.  Perhaps talking
> to her about supplementing their kitty food with some plain chicken or beef
> or even veggies when she has extra wouldn't hurt.  Listen, my family had 3
> cats who lived to 23, 22, 24 and they survived on 9 Lives and human food!
>

> Explaining FELV or FIV is tricky because people think aids or leukemia…
> Maybe just saying that Jack's got a virus that makes him more prone to
> develop infections, etc. would be less frightening.  Do you know how old the
> kitties are?
>

> *Christiane Biagi*
>
> *914-632-4672*
>
> *Cell:  914-720-6888*