heather, i'm so sorry about sissy leaving--sometimes they just really need
to be with one another, i think.

GLOW that their reunion be joyful, and to heal your heart.

MC

2008/6/28 Debbie Harrison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

>  Heather, I would like to introduce myself...I joined a couple of week
> back.  I have been fostering/rescuing kittehs for the past 11 years in the
> Sanford/Orlando area.  My first and only experience with Felv was not too
> long ago...and frankly, I knew next to nothing about the
> dise...ase...imagine my horror in finding out that an adult cat can throw
> the virus!!  Mr. Thomas, a gorgeous cat who wandered into my life, turned
> out to be +...after they did his neuter....myvet at the time told me he
> could NOT be outdoors anymore....and that he was putting all of my other 13
> rescues at risk if I kept him inside...I find myself wondering if this
> darling young fellow might have survived...had I just researched a little
> more...I found may sanctuaries and shelters that would take FIV cats, but
> not one that would help with Felv.....my heart still aches for Mr. Thomas.
> Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I am close by if you should ever
> need anything.
>
> Debbie (COL)
> "You gotta bloom where you're planted!"
>

> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 15:42:56 -0400
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
> Subject: Sissy has joined Hobbs, 6/27/08
>

> With much sadness, I wanted to share with everyone that Hobbs' sister,
> Sissy, has  now joined him.   The loss of her dear brother affected Sissy
> very much, which was to be expected as they were quite bonded, and she began
> to take a similar road as Hobbs did in his final days.   Their people-Mom
> Jann had wanted to avoid Sissy suffering as she felt Hobbs did, and had
> planned for her to cross this morning, though unfortunately they had a very
> bad night, and stayed the night in the garage together, where Sissy had
> actually been spending a lot of time lately.
>
> I apologize that I haven't been active since the outpouring of support from
> you all regarding the loss of Hobbs, unfortunately the following week we
> lost another FELV+ rescue, Shennanigans (whom a friend in another city had
> given a home to for these last 3 months), and also a dear Torti rescue named
> Freckles who we found living in a woman's yard, very ill and with an old &
> very uncomfortable injury.   She was such a sweet, beautiful kitty and her
> spirit really touched us all very much, a rescue was assisting with her
> medical care but force feeding with her injury was very stressful for
> Freckles, and her caregiver, and given the severity of her illness (which
> prevented her from being a candidate for surgery for her long-healed injury,
> unless she made a remarkable recovery), they felt it was best to release her
> from her pain.   I found out after the fact and have struggled with it ever
> since as I feel I didn't do enough for her, soon enough, and wonder if
> things could have been different.
>
> Shennanigans was a beautiful little charcoal grey long haired kitty whom we
> [...]

Spay & Neuter Your Neighbors!
Maybe That'll Make The Difference....

MaryChristine

go to my blog for updates: if you don't have the address, then you're not
supposed to.