MC,
That is what I mean, I wouldn't need the actual street address until I was sure I wanted to take the kitty there. General address to start is fine. But for me personally I would have to take the cat there and look at the place. I have only given cats up one time when my neighbor across the street moved and left 3 cats behind. I called around to all of the local shelters and sanctuaries and found one 80 miles away that could take them.

I took them there, had a look around and gave them a $100.00 donation to take the cats, I know they thought I was the one dumping them but that didn't matter, I knew they were going to a place I felt comfortable with. They let me know that they had all 3 been adopted with in a month, they were all young, 10 months and under. Nice neighbor, their Momma didn't fare as well, I found her dead on the side of the road a couple of months or so before they disappeared into the night. They kept the other kitties inside until they disappeared because I didn't see them until they had moved.

Believe me I wanted to keep them but I already had 7 of my own and realistically that just wasn't doable. The youngest one was only 10 or 12 weeks or so old.

--

Belinda
happiness is being owned by cats ...

http://bemikitties.com