From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of jbero tds.net
Sent: Wednesday, December 16, 2009 11:42 AM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Help - I can't get LTCI in Georgia!

Laura,

I am sorry to hear about your situation.  To be honest, I would
probably contact a vet out of state, pick up the injections and do it
myself.  They are simply subcutaneous injections that can be easily
given.  If you are near a state border, I would drive and personally
pick it up myself.  Imulan can give you the name of vets in a
particular area that have or have used to drug.  If you are having
difficulty with this, let me know where you are and I can contact
them. Then contact the vet and ask if you could simply pick up the
medication.  I did this.  It took a little talking and open
communication between vets, but in the end wasn't all that difficult.
You can get a three or ten pack, bring it home (kept in the fridge, in
the dark) and do the injections as needed.  (weekly and first, then
biweekly then monthly) You don't have to go to the vet every time.
Then simply bring him to your vet to check a CBC (completely blood
count) and intermittently a BMP (basic metabolic panel) and follow his
response.

Other options include acemannan (an injection into the abdominal
cavity - more difficult injection) or ambotrose (similar to acemannan
but oral - can be ordered from Mannatech corp) or interferon (you
haven't had much luck I guess), or you could try Vitamin C (as has
been the hot topic recently).  Personally, I have an FIV cat that I am
planning on trying this on.  I want to see if it is possible to
reverse his FIV status to negative with it.  I will let you know.

Good luck and may God bless you.

Jenny

http://www.eset.com