I  always caution people about transfusions based on my own experience. Our
kitten needed a transfusion due to her levels being so low which she did get.
After the transfusion she perked up and seemed like she was getting better
however an hour and half after she started to crash. Three hours later she was
dead. The vet said that cats can have a bad reaction to the transfusion and in
essence 'reject' the new blood. I wasn't aware if this before hand. I would
have rather had a few more days with her rather than be blindsided by her death
by transfusion....if she was going to die anyway.

Hopefully someone can give some helpful suggestions - I just know that
transfusions, depending on the circumstances aren't always the best answer. I
know too that we tried procrit but that took too long to have any effect and
ultimately was pointless.

Prayers for Josie...

Michelle Brockman
"It is when we forget ourselves that we do the things which will be remembered"