From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of Bonnie Hogue
Sent: Thursday, September 16, 2010 12:37 AM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: [Felvtalk] New to Feline Leukemia

It's a long story, but I'll shorten it...
My mom has a "heart cat" named Lucky.  She's disabled and no longer living
at home.  Her sister was caring for Lucky, but herself is unwell and
struggling.  I went over to feed the cats during her hospitalization and
Lucky did not look good.  I took him to the vet: bad fleas, possible
infected eye and nose, and tested "weak positive" for feline leukemia.  This
makes my plan of integrating him into my 3-cat household a real challenge.
The vet said I could get my three cats vaccinated "providing 80%
protection"... Meanwhile, Lucky is sequestered in the spare bedroom, taking
antibiotics (what a good cat!) and healing.  I'm trying to figure out how to
make this work, longer term.
Ideas???
Thank you!