Alice, I'm so sorry to hear Murphy passed. He was lucky to have you. It
sounds like he loved you a lot. And you obviously loved him, and was solidly
there for him when he needed you.

I also wanted to thank you so much for sharing the details of his final days
- for me, as a first time Felv+/FIV+ cat owner,  that has been one of the
things I have most been scared of because I have never experienced the death
of an animal and I'm terrified because I'm still trying to understand the
progression of what happens, and am worried and ignorant of how to prepare
for it.  Thank you for shedding a little light on the subject, and in the
process helping me, and others like me attempt to emotionally prepare for
the day we all hope never comes.