You asked if he passed at home. No, I got home from work and checked on him, he
was laying stretched out on the bedroom floor. Glenn had syringe fed and
watered
him through the day. He was breathing harder than normal, he had been breathing
fast, trying to get oxygen. I kept thinking any day he'll begin to improve like
he did in July and August when he first crashed with anemia. I gave him some
pedialyte and carried him to the bathroom to see if he needed to use the litter
box. For the first time, he did not stand up and his sides were heaving-he laid
out on the linoleum and even laid his head on the floor, which he has never
done
when anyone was near. He was always alert and watching his people and
interacting. His eyes were clear, but he was exhausted. After a lot of tears
and
wavering back and forth, we ended up taking him to the emergency vet clinic. It
was very hard, but I did not think he was going to last very much longer, maybe
another day and thought it would be cruel to let him go through the night
unable
to get enough oxygen-the anemia robbed him of all the rbcs needed to circulate
oxygen. He was the bravest and most willing little guy-always came in for his
meds when he thought it was time, never fussed. He was truly our little prince
and our lives have a huge emptiness right now. Rosie is having a time trying to
figure out where he is, but I think she will be ok in a while. We took him to
the crematorium and have picked his little picture urn and his name plaque.