From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of LauraM
Sent: Saturday, November 06, 2010 6:43 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] I killed my kitten last night...

Oh, Kim, I have been through this so many times and so many times I've said
"I killed my cat/tortoise/lizard/snake/whatever." You did not kill her. You
did the best you could at the time with the information you had, and I am so
sorry that you feel this way. It's normal to blame oneself but hindsight is
20/20; a cliche, I know, but so true.
On St Patrick's Day my FeLV+ cat, Bridget, died at the vet. She was there to
be spayed but never made it to the table - they put her under and she died.
Horrible. But what was even more horrible was that I had a premonition that
she would die during surgery, for weeks. A voice literally screamed in my
head. DON'T DO IT, SHE WILL DIE. And yet I did it, and got that awful phone
call from the vet. That night I posted on this forum - "it's my fault, I
killed her." I was so grateful for the assurances from other members that
no, I didn't kill her.....I tried my best and something happened. I am sure
that many other folks will have a similar story.