I figure that amazingly enough he's been to vet school and I haven't.  The
local low cost spay and neuter places (I call them chop n shops) will do
them at 3 months, but their primary concern is that all animals be spayed
and neutered no matter what, and they killed one of our kittens with a
botched spay - never again.  Our current vet does them at 6 months because
his concern is the health of each individual animal - and I like that.

We have never had anyone get pregnant.

If they are not altered we adopt out on foster to adopt, which means we
still own the animal and they are fostering.  It works if you can keep up
with it.  We never transfer ownership on an unaltered animal.

On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 5:10 PM, Lorrie <felineres...@kvinet.com> wrote:

> Kelley, Our vet says exactly the same thing, so we s/n at 6 months.
>

> On 12-27, Kelley Saveika wrote:
> > We do ours at 6 months; our vet will not do them before that, and from
> what
> > I've read about the bad possible side effects of early s/n in dogs I
> can't
> > blame him.

http://www.rescuties.org

http://www.zazzle.com/rescuties*

http://www.magfundraising.com/rescuties

Please help Trooper!

http://rescuties.chipin.com/trooper

"And it is the most divisive incivility to tell true animal lovers they
can’t complain about it, that they can’t fight for the animals, that they
should sit down and shut up and allow the killing to continue."

- Nathan Winograd