I brought some snow in for Copper and Thomas....in a tote to the garage and let them play/explore it. Just an idea.
On Dec 30, 2010, at 7:48 PM, Diane Rosenfeldt wrote:

Wow, Shannon, that is fabulous news! And really weird since it sounded like once he got out he would never want to come back in. Most of our cats have been outdoor cats before they came here (3 were feral, one a stray) and when they look out the window at the subzero winter we wish there was a way to let them know how much better off they are inside. Luckily none of them ever
really made an issue of it, and it's so cool that Whimsy seems to be
satisfied now as well.

Diane R.

-----Original Message-----
From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of Emeraldkittee
Sent: Thursday, December 30, 2010 6:46 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: [Felvtalk] Whimsy update (happy news)

After a stressful, scary week, Whimsy, aka the Whimzinator, is back and better than ever. I knew all he wanted was to go out, so relunctantly, I took him in the yard with me for an hour in the cold, and he was thrilled. he sniffed, walked around, and then ran back in. He was satisfied, had his fill. He literally came back to life in front of my eyes. He hasn't wanted to go out since, and we don't have any plans to do so. Just to build his enclosure. It was against everything I believe is right, but I felt him telling me it was the only way he'd eat again. I really felt he would die if he didn't get to do this. The pepcid injections helped too - but right after he ran in, he ate again, after barely eating for 6 days. He's now back to where he was calorie wise, and is even more loving and cuddly...

go figure...

thank you everyone for your help. And thank you for the suggestions on nausea - i think he got a sour tummy from being upset, and created a big problem for himself. your suggestions made me remember i could get pepcid
injections (since we can't pill him) and this was great.

Shannon and the royal cat Whimsy