Mine don't have authorized walks but Copper has been known to take an unauthorized one---and panic me. Lorrie was taling about the safety of her area though. I have a similar set up but ...... and wonder how she deals with it.
On May 25, 2011, at 7:36 AM, Natalie wrote:

Easy - not a single cat goes outside - they have safe outdoor enclosures!

-----Original Message-----
From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of MaiMaiPG
Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2011 7:29 AM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Collars

How do you deal with coyotes and dog packs?
On May 25, 2011, at 6:01 AM, Lorrie wrote:

On 05-24, Natalie wrote:

But were you aware that microchips can cause cancer?  I got a cat
from death row in NYC, and will have chip removed...it has already
migrated!

Yes, and this is one of the reasons I don't microchip. The other
reason is because we live in a very rural area, and our animal
shelter has no microchip scanner........... Cats are not worth
dealing with at that awful place. They simply gas and incinerate
them about as fast as they come in.  Which is why I now have my
own sanctuary/shelter building in town, in addition to having 15
cats at home.  My santuary cats do not go outside, but my cats at
home do because we live on a dead end road in the middle of the
woods. It's a very safe area.

Lorrie