From: "ckess...@cox.net" <ckess...@cox.net>
To: Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Sent: Tue, June 21, 2011 4:40:35 PM
Subject: [Felvtalk] Cali - 7 month old kitten

I am new the site and I am just crushed.  I have never had cats before and I
adopted a shelter kitten from Petco in Plano, Texas.  She had Ringworm to start
with and she was tiny, but she was playful and is as sweet as can be.  We live
in Downtown Dallas so she sits in the window of our high-rise and overlooks the
skyline.  Last week, she became very lethargic and on Friday, I became worried
so I took her to the emergency room.  She's always been little, but playful and
happy until last week.

They did a Feline Leukemia test and it was positive.  The only thing I had ever
heard about Feline Leukemia before Friday night was that all cats who get it -
die.

Cali is only 7 months old and I can't stop crying.  I just moved to Dallas last
July.  I have always had Dachshunds but I didn't think that dogs should be in
apartments, so I got Cali.  Then I didn't want Cali to be by herself, so I got
another shelter kitty from the Petco in Bedford, (named Sasha) and she is very
healthy.

The emergency room vet and the Vet that I took Cali to have both told me that I
need to put Cali to sleep so that Sasha won't get sick and Cali won't get
better
so she should be put down.  For all of you out there, please say a prayer for
me
and Cali.  She is a Blue Cream Tabby, she weighs 5 pounds and she has been a
real fighter.  I don't know how I will find the strength to put her to sleep.

She is so little.  I want her to get better.  I can't stop crying.

Cathy Kessel
(858) 361-8972