I put out saucers of sugar water for the bees and wasps so they will leave the
hummingbird feeders alone.  They were so crowded that some were landing on top
of others, pushing them into the water.  They were drowning so I scooped them
out on my fingers and spred them out on the deck railing.  I went into the
house for paper towels to absorb some of the water.  When I got back out,
others were licking it off the others and cleaning their wings so the could
fly.  Only lost 5 out of 50. I know, I am nuts, but honeybees are having a hard
time these days and we need them to pollinate our plants.