AMEN to that!

-----Original Message-----
From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of Maureen Olvey
Sent: Friday, August 05, 2011 7:41 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] No Good Rotten People!

You should tell her to tell her friend that she needs to come out of the
dark ages and stop believing that old wives tale about cats smothering
babies.  I can just see a cat put one paw over a baby's nose and then a paw
over it's mouth with the intention of smothering it.  And about the whole
licking the babies mouth to get the milk, that's crap but even it was true
the baby can still breath out of it's nose.  I just can't see how it's
possible for a cat to smother a baby.  And cat's can't suck so they can't
suck the breath from the baby.  And even if they could suck the baby's lungs
are stronger and bigger than a cat's so it wouldn't be able to suck enough
breath out of it to smother it.  Tell your friend she shouldn't hang around
such stupid people.

"I am not interested to know whether vivisection produces results that are
profitable to the human race or doesn't..the pain which it inflicts upon
sufficient justification of the enmity without looking further." - Mark
Twain

> Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2011 15:40:57 -0700
> From: joslinir...@yahoo.com
> To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
> Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] No Good Rotten People!
>
> I don't get that either, I have a friend of a friend who is looking to get
rid of her 12 yr old cats becuase they are having a baby and she just can't
take that chance of the cats smothering the child, while I'm sure it has
happened to people, come on, my cat was more scared of my daughter as a baby
than anything, and never touched her bottle, there are things you can do,
but I guess her mum is just persistant in her getting these cats out of her
house. It just sickens me, where are these cats supposed to find homes when
there are hundreds of "babies" waiting to be adpoted, and as we all know,
people love baby animals but once there older, they get the boot, i cannot
stand people like that. My animals are my children you know?