Alley Cat Allies recommends not testing for a couple of reasons.  Their
reasoning can be found here.  http://www.alleycat.org/Page.aspx?pid=458   We
follow their recommendations.

If a cat is a friendly stray in a feral colony, we test - always test before
adoption.  If they are pos we wait then retest with IFA.  One of our cats
was adopted to a lovely lady on this list - she was double pos (we confirmed
the FELV with IFA) and she's still doing well several years later.

On Sat, Aug 6, 2011 at 2:30 PM, Natalie <at...@optonline.net> wrote:

> Many TNR don't test, unless a cat looks really sick, too sick to be
> released
> into a colony.

http://www.rescuties.org

http://www.zazzle.com/rescuties*

http://www.magfundraising.com/rescuties

Please help Trooper!

http://rescuties.chipin.com/trooper

"And it is the most divisive incivility to tell true animal lovers they
can’t complain about it, that they can’t fight for the animals, that they
should sit down and shut up and allow the killing to continue."

- Nathan Winograd