 From: Lee Evans <moonsiste...@yahoo.com>
To: "felvtalk@felineleukemia.org" <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 5, 2013 11:35 AM
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] a tough and sad day

 Here's a suggestion to everyone who has cats or dogs. If your cat or dog has a
bad hair day and bites/scratches you and you have to go to a doctor or
emergency clinic because you are having a reaction to the saliva, afraid of
infection or things like that, DO NOT TELL THEM THAT YOUR ANIMAL did the
damage. If it's a bite, you can say that your parrot got off his perch and bit
you or that you hammered a rusty nail into your finger, anything but an animal
bite. Here where I live, a 4 year old kid was playing with his Chihuahua and
was probably too rough. The dog nipped him. The parents took the kid to the
doctor to have the wound cleaned. The doctor reported a dog bite. That evening
Animal Control showed up with a warrant to confiscate a "vicious dog". The
family pet was dragged away to Animal Control and the family followed right
behind. Animal Control said they would have to put the dog to death because he
was determined to be a vicious dog, having
 bitten a child. The family was aghast. They called the Humane Society and the
newspaper in an attempt to save their Chihuahua who had been with them for 8
years. Finally, after several rescue groups and a pro-bono lawyer intervened,
the dog was returned to the family. The bite didn't amount to anything. But the
bureaucratic mess that followed from the doctor reporting the bite lasted 3
weeks.

too!