The hardest part is that this was preventable. Not all accidents are,
but when they are, they feel all the more tragic.

I'm talking to an alternative medicine vet at 3:30 to see if she thinks
DMG would be a good idea. I'd prefer to get the go-ahead from a
professional. Really, it's up to Callie's immune system to recognize the
virus and react appropriately. I want to be hopeful, but I'm so
concerned and depressed that it's hard to not despair. I am trying to
tell myself that being positive is the only way forward, but it doesn't
always stick, especially when I wake up and remember what's happening.

I appreciate the kind words and support that I've gotten here.

Lance