It is created as a calcium supplement (the same as ground up egg shells). It's
used as a calcium supplement for farm animals and dogs. As long as it's being
mixed into wet food it's not a desiccant. It's only when it's inhaled or spread
as a powder on skin that it has that effect. However, I have never tried
feeding it to the cats to prevent fleas. Years ago, brewers yeast was supposed
to be good at preventing fleas when fed to cats. It did absolutely nothing
except annoy my cats and get me scratched a few times.

too!

Fight back spam! Download the Blue Frog.
http://www.bluesecurity.com/register/s?user=Y3BxMzc0NQ%3D%3D