This not a bother.  I too am on SS, at poverty level and have a problem feeding
6 cats and myself.  One help I get is volunteering at th senior center in town
- I get my one big meal free for working there.  In the evening it is fruit and
cereal.  I keep my fingers crossed that my van keeps working since my extended
warrenty ran out.  Someone once said either on this group or another, that
Petsmart and other pet stores will donate free or at reduced price outdated pet
food.  It is worth a try to ask, all they can do is say no.

too!