Regular cats can also have those symptoms. The B12 shot is good. Does she have
a fever? Many doctors completely neglect the simple task of taking the cat's
temperature. An antibiotic injection might be of benefit. My hard and fast rule
is to think "simple" first. My FIV positive cat had a lump on his back. It was
diagnosed as probably a malignant tumor. I suggested it was a non-malignant
fatty tumor. Three years later Mr. Snowy is still fat and going strong and the
tumor has absorbed. Maybe it's luck and they will use up the last of their nine
lives eventually but until then start off simple but cautious and do always
take to vet but listen with both ears open and your brain cells on high alert.

Hugs and blessings to you and the fur kids.

Sent from my iPod

On Oct 9, 2013, at 3:48 PM, Jennifer Ballew <balle...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey all-
>

> This is the first time I have posted to the forum.  I have two FeLV positive
> cats, one two and one three years old.  The older cat has never had any
> issues with illness whatsoever, but the younger has only recently started
> showing signs that her illness has caught up with her.  Just within the last
> few days she has become very lethargic, stopped eating (and only drinks a
> small amount) and whenever she stands or walks she seems very unsteady and
> wobbly.  I took her to the vet yesterday; they checked her blood counts which
> were low and said her kidney enzymes were elevated.  They also said they
> could hear a heart murmur which is probably related to possibly being
> dehydrated.  They gave her a B12 shot and I took her home.  I already said if
> worst came to worst I wouldn't put her through any unnecessary treatments or
> subject her to any painful procedures and that I would strive only to provide
> the best supportive care for her while she was alive so that she would have
> the best chances.
   I'm just wondering if any of you have gone through the same thing and if I
can expect her to pull out of this on her own, or, if she doesn't, how long she
might have left.  I'm sincerely heartbroken.  I really thought I had nursed her
through the most risky part of her illness (kittenhood) and that she would now
go on to live a halfway long life.  In any case, if anyone has any advice or
information I would greatly appreciate it.