Leslie,

If they are both FelV positive the tests should not make a difference.
I have a FelV sanctuary and all my FelV cats are together and live in
4 large rooms sharing litter, food & water.  If Moe and Baby are well
acquainted they will be happier living with each other than alone. If
they don't know each other you will have to do the introduction thing.

Lorrie