Marsha-
So tell me about lysine tablets for cats? Is there some indication that it
helps Felv+ cats?
Thanks,
Deb

Sent from my iPad

On Dec 16, 2014, at 6:18 PM, Marsha <mar...@lynxe.com> wrote:

> Deb, the crazy thing is that symptoms can be variable.  I have been wracking
> my brain and talking to the vet, and one thing that looks like a possibility
> now is that Brock, the FeLV+ cat I adopted 2.5 months ago, may be a carrier
> of whatever URI virus it is.  This all seemed to start (but could be
> coincidence) when our weather got weird here.  Big temperature inversion,
> poor air quality, temps 20 degrees above normal, fog/mist/drizzle for a week.
>  Brock was a little sneezy, but no other symptoms.  Harley has *never* been
> sick before, in the 4+ years he's been with me.  I am thinking maybe the odd
> weather threw them for a loop, and the virus flared up in Brock, and Harley
> got it from him.  But Brock, being younger, and not as far along in immune
> suppression, had such mild symptoms that I didn't think it was a URI, just
> maybe some dust made him sneeze.  But that's all just a theory.  In any case,
> I think I better get those lysine chews or the capsules, since they wouldn't
> eat
  the gel. Don't know for sure if this is herpes virus, but could be,
especially since I just read that can cause pharyngitis.  And I believe that's
what the lysine is supposed to help the most, is FHV.