Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2005 8:06 AM
Subject: Re: Belinda please add Levi to CLS

Dear Kerry,

A difficult passing is one of the most hideous experiences in life.  The hospice case nurse for my mother-in-law told me that she felt a difficult passing was the sign of a highly evolved soul; at the time it did not have a great deal of meaning to me, but in the time since I have thought about what she meant and feel that those who rage against passing have a passion that cannot be diminished.

My FeLV+ darling Little Evie developed FIP and was suffering and in terrible pain; still she struggled with all her might even after we tranquilized her and I sat quietly with her for half an hour.  It was one of the most horrible experiences I have ever had.

When you say you are anguished, I know exactly what you mean; we all do.  The decision is so hard, the impending loss almost unbearable and then against all odds, it gets worse.

Levi's temperment sounds much like Little Evie and I know they've found each other and I know that someday, somehow we'll be reunited with them.
Until then, know that the love that you and Levi shared has not ended and you will carry it in your heart always.

Take care of yourself; I send you a big, warm hug.  I know that Levi's watching over you with the same love and devotion that you showed him in his too brief life.

Love, Julie

Kerry MacKenzie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Belinda, could you please add my fearless little warrior Levi to the CLS.

Levi was put to sleep on Wednesday evening 1/25 at around 8pm. I was told his hemocrit had dropped to 7.5. and his mouth had many ulcers.

It wasn't a peaceful passing and I feel distraught and anguished about how the poor little soul ended his life.

I would like to explain it later and get feedback. I'm still processing it.

I will miss him the little soul. I had already begun to miss his swiping me. He was the smallest and lightest of the crew, yet he was always the Great Protector of all of them---ready to bat me if I dared to try touch any of them.

Thank you everyone meantime for your thoughts and support. It's bleak enough, but it would be even bleaker without your kindness and support.

Please say a prayer for Levi, and all the furballs who are still fighting for their lives.

Thanks, Kerry

"I hold that, the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is
to protection by man from the cruelty of man. "

by the way its animals are treated."

Mohandas Gandhi (1869-1948)

Paws Come WITH Claws!!!

If you're thinking about de-clawing your cat, you need to re-think your decision to acquire a pet.

Do you Yahoo!?