One thing you do have to consider with large numbers of cats. Space. Crowding them too closely can create stress. If you have a small house and are not in an area where the cats can go outside safely, then you might want to keep the number down.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: felvtalk@vlists.net
Subject: Re: OT: What's you number?
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2005 14:30:47 -0500

I've also found that it's much easier to integrate a young cat (less than a year old...preferably around 6 mos.)! We only have two actual littermates left, and we got 4 when they were around 6 months old (except for Boots who's been "grandfathered" into the clan...he's considered the "Mama" as he took care of the original 5 kittens when their mom passed away)...All treat each other like brothers and sisters from the same litter, chasing, wrestling and grooming each other...Except for poor Marvin (a Siamese) who I tried to add as a 3 year old male! The others tolerate him at best and chase him around at worst...the sad thing is, 3 "kids" have been introduced to the family *after* Marvin and seem to have taken a cue from the resident cats that he is someone to be avoided... :( Then again, he is a little weird... :) He kind of reminds me of "the weird cousin" you had as a kid! :) He prefers human company anyway (very much like a human baby...he's a purebred modern? Siamese
...not apple-headed, and does have FeLV)...He tries to play with one of the girls (Lola), but he's a little rough so he usual sends her away in a fit. It's kinda sweet, in a way, because Ewok and Sleepypants (the two remaining litter mates) will run to Lola's aide and "trap" Marvin underneath the chair in the front room! They don't hurt him, they will just stare at him in a very "thug-like" way for a few minutes as if to say "Touch her again and we'll make minced meat outta ya!" :) Anyway, we've pretty much decided that it's much less stress on everyone involved to only add young cats, if we can!

----- Original Message ----- From: Faye Lewis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Date: Thursday, February 3, 2005 12:48 pm Subject: Re: OT: What's you number?