I have been giving Simon 250 mg (hal a tablet) of Lysine twice a day for a
few weeks with his pred, and it has seemed to help him (he was sneezing a lot
before that).  I ran out and got more from the health food store, the only
bottle they had left, and got home to find out it is 500 mg capsules-- rather
large
and obviously can't be split like a pill. he will not eat it in anything, and
in fact is not eating at all this morning and I am wondering if it could
possibly have to do with not getting any Lysine last night.  My question is do
you
think it is ok to give him 500 mg at one time, once a day, rather than 250
twice a day? And if you think it is ok to pill him with what seems like a
fairly
large capsule.  I have pilled him with half a tablet, fairly big but not as
big as the capsule, just fine by covering it with Nutrical.
Thanks,
Michelle