The Yahoo group I have worked w/ when I pulled from Spalding Co. A.C. is called Billyboard. (Named after the first Spalding rescue)

The group focuses on Spalding & its' animals, but also does work w/ Athens & other Ga. shelters.

There is a database that lists people willing to do transports.........And yes, they do transport cats.
There's help available w/ either land or air transport.
Also a local recsuer who will board for a very reasonable price while transport is arranged.

My sweet Ethan, Felv+furangel was rescued from Spalding.

Patti