Patti.....

    Wow, thank you so much for all the information.  I will check out the Billyboard on Yahoo.  Is the person who boards for a reasonable price on that board?  If not, do you know how I can contact her.  We need to get Lovey out of the vet clinic fast.  He has been in an abusive home.  I was going to adopt him about three weeks ago.  He had been rescued by a person who works for the humane society.  She found him under her car in the parking lot in a bad thunderstorm crying like crazy.  She put up signs, etc.  In the meantime, his story was posted on here.  He was unneutered and FELV+.  Plans were started to finalize the adoption and I got an email about a week ago that his owners had called and described him.  They told the woman about the wonderful home in Cat Heaven, WI that had been found for him and that the person adopting had a felv+ cat and knew how to properly care for him, but they wanted him back.

    They promised they would have him neutered and wouldn't let him out of the house again.  He is about a year old.  A couple of days ago, the same lady who rescued him the first time was having dinner at her boyfriend's house when they heard crying outside his door.  There was Lovey (I had already named him) standing at the door meowing his heart out (how he ever found her again is a true miracle).  The lady grabbed him and saw that he was still unneutered and had a large bloody wound on his neck. :(  She rushed him to the vet clinic and had a tech who works with her email me that he was mine if I still wanted him.  I emailed back - Oh h*** yes, I want him.  My grown daughter and I were shouting with joy.  I just had a feeling that he would be back.

    Anyway, they want him out of the clinic asap in case the owners come back there looking for him.  By law they have to give him back, but he needs to be in an inside, loving, forever home like mine. :)  So, I have to get him out of there to stay somewhere until transport can be arranged.

    Unfortunately, I have to be gone all day tomorrow until evening with tons of tests at the hospital.  I am a heart transplant patient and this is my yearly testing.  So if I can get in contact with the lady who boards, that would put my mind at rest until transport is arranged.

    Thanks so much again.

--

     Brenda.....

     http://www.whiskersandwicks.com
     http://www.cheqnet.net/~bksmith

"The only risk you ever run in befriending a cat is enriching yourself." - Colette

Don't Take Your Organs To Heaven.  Heaven Knows We Need Them Here.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
The Yahoo group I have worked w/ when I pulled from Spalding Co. A.C. is called Billyboard. (Named after the first Spalding rescue)

The group focuses on Spalding & its' animals, but also does work w/ Athens & other Ga. shelters.

There is a database that lists people willing to do transports.........And yes, they do transport cats.
There's help available w/ either land or air transport.
Also a local recsuer who will board for a very reasonable price while transport is arranged.

My sweet Ethan, Felv+furangel was rescued from Spalding.

Patti