Patti,
My family is always telling me, "You can't save the world".  It's true, but very hard to bear.  I get so overwhelmed, I find myself wanting to stick my head in the sand.  I've had to start putting limits on what I can do.  It is a war zone out there.  I've pulled back and no longer go looking for wrongs to right, but I still get more than my share showing up on my doorstep.  If there's a problem in front of me, I simply have no option, but to throw my energy at it.  I find myself dreaming of a place where there can be enough love and resources for all.  I don't think a place like that exists on this plane, I hope the promise of that reward is truly waiting for us when we cross.

Do you think we should change the subject line?  We seemed to have ventured away from Metronidazole!
Nina

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Nina,
Yes, my Dr. has described a major part of my "problems" due to Post-Traumatic Stress........... I call it burn out. All the years of working in rescue has caught up w/ me and it's really taken a toll.
And it's sad, I thought I could go on forever.
But have had to stop being right in the crossfires.... It's a decision I'm still not comfortable with, but I have no choice. I was headed straight to hell (ie:Looney bin).
So I do what I can w/ words....
Patti