How would you  handle H(curl) spaces in a consistent way?
There you have to provide a tangential vector field, but there
is no natural basis for the tangent space.  The current method
is to apply a full n-vector but only to pay attention to the
tangential part (I believe).  The analogue is the current
approach for H(div) as well.  I see real problems in changing
one of these, but not the other.

 -- Doug