Hi All,

I'm perplexed. For those that think I'm d2, I'm a perplexed d2. I have come to
the Fibernet Fountain of Wisdom, to ask a serious question.

Twice now, I have come across statements that read something like this: wet
wool gives off heat as it dries.

I've washed wool. I've never noticed the wool giving off heat as it dried.
Unless it was in the sun, there was no warmth to the wet wool at all.

I've read my reference sources. I can't find anything, anywhere, where the
reference sources say that wet wool gives off heat.

I can't help but think that this would be a phenomenon that physicists would
want to research. Just imagine! A fiber, that when wet, gives off heat! Yet, I
can't find anything that supports the statements that, as wool dries, it gives
off heat.

Wool can absorb up to 30% of its weight in water, and still help retain body
warmth. Is it possible that the 'wool produces heat as it dries' statements,
are a confused version of the '30% of its weight....' ?
wrnk
d2 (perplexedly waiting for enlightenment)

To stop mail temporarily mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
with the message: set nomail  To restore send: set mail