Whew! That was fun and entertaining! I did find this statement:

>>Wool actually produces 27 calories of heat per gram of wool as it goes from
>>DRY to WET! <<

It was on several sites. However, I'm going to ignore this bit of wisdom.  The
text in which it was contained, had an incredible amount of spelling errors. I
mistrust information, when simple words are spelled incorrectly.

I also found that particular phrase included in many of the sites I found. I
don't know where it started, so I can't trace it back, to find out where/how
the information was generated.

The best site, IMO, was this one:

http://www.princeton.edu/~oa/winter/wintcamp.shtml#Personal%20Equipment

scroll down to 'personal equipment' and click on it.

I did try to do a google search on 'wet wool calorie'. Couldn't find a thing
related to any of those words. This has happened to me before, when I try to
google someone else's information. Days later, I can repeat the google search,
and find what I was looking for. I'll try this search in a few days, and see
what comes up.
wrnk
d2

To stop mail temporarily mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
with the message: set nomail  To restore send: set mail