Holly wrote:

But trying to keep a level head before taking the plunge <g>

Biggest question--how hard is it to learn how to weave using a dobby?

I'd offer to store it for her, Holly, but I already have an AVL Compu-dobby. I love mine! If she has the manual with it, you won't have a problem learning to use the features of the loom.

Is it a manual dobby, or Compu-dobby?

Does it have the automatic cloth advance and cloth storage?

Weaving with a dobby is no different than weaving with treadles, except there are only two treadles.

I'd say "go for it!" If you'd like to get more information from your friend and ask specific questions, I'd be happy to help you out.

Robin

--
Robin Murphy, in the Northwoods of Wisconsin
http://robinmurphy.hytext.com

To stop mail temporarily mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
with the message: set nomail  To restore send: set mail