Progressive News & Views (since 1982)
"Hank Roth" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> sez:

> I am certain that if Air America did not fill the void in those markets,
> if there is proved demand

..."if"??!? You haven't bothered to look at the ratings for WLIB New York,
or KLSD San Diego, or KPOJ Portland, or WXXM Madison. They've all had
significant increases in their ratings in less than two years, especially in
the demographics that are never attracted by all-fascists-all-the-time. If
Air America is legitimately in money trouble (and I'd never trust rightist
rags like the New York Post or Sun to provide honest evidence of such, as
you seem to), it's because their sales office is impotent, as their audience
development is already well ahead of any other talk radio operation that has
started from scratch in the last 25 years...

> It isn't just their management decisions which put them in trouble - as
> bad as that was. It is also market share and perhaps their type of
> programming and some of their talk show hosts.

...you obviously don't comprehend commercial radio, or you wouldn't be
mouthing off so much about "market share." Talk radio is not like music
radio, in that the format cannot be judged in short-term results. The
average for full development of talk radio formats is just over five years.
Air America hasn't even been on the air for two years, and its original
managers were Republican operatives who did their damndest to see the
company fail in its first month...

> But I don't see how criticizing Air America for being stupid is
> undemocratic or counter-productive.

...it most certainly is when your sources are the fascist blogosphere and
Faux News wannabe nests like the New York Post and Sun. That's like Lenin
and Trotsky basing Bolshevik policy on the scribblings of Rasputin...

King Daevid MacKenzie, WLSU-FM 88.9 La Crosse, Wisconsin, USA
heard occasionally at http://www.radio4all.net
http://myspace/kingdaevid
"You can live in your dreams, but only if you are worthy of them." HARLAN
ELLISON

      -----
     / o o \
Hank Roth's Place - http://pnews.org/
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (on the InterNUT since 1982)