From: Rob Geraghty [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, September 25, 2000 6:36 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Measuring resolution (was Re: Real resolution of a 4000 dpi
scanner?)

> There is a company in Rochester NY called, I think, Advanced Imaging. They
> do these types of targets and are the supplier to Edmunds Scientific.

Thanks, David.  I'll note that for later reference.  I was suggesting the
use of the
film recorder since I have access to one and while it might not give a
scientifically
accurate result, it should be cheap and reproducible.  It at least gives me
the
means to get a USAF resolution target onto film so it can be used to test a
film scanner without involving lenses and optics of a 35mm camera.

Regards,
Rob